Coinops Project

The Ultimate Xbox Emulator For All The Family
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Welcome
Welcome to The Coinops Project

You are currently viewing our CoinOPS boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: DRAGON Media Launcher Released
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 am 
Site Admin

DRAGON Media Launcher Released
no restrictions on how you folder this

Plays Movies
TV Series
Albums
Slideshows
Plays Games
Play Emulators

To add artwork...add the filename.jpg
To add folder artwork...add FolderArt.jpg to the folder
Best way to display TV shows....add a FolderArt.jpg and nothing else...
Best way to use music albums...add autoplay.txt to the folder
Best way to use pictures...add slideshow.txt to the folder
To make a shutdown icon...add shutdown.txt to the folder
To go into settings...click left or right thumbstick
You can clear your thumbs by clicking on High Quality or Speed in settings...this will also change the thumbs quality
To stack Movies into one file....make them Movie-CD1.avi...Movie-CD2.avi.... and it will show as Movie

****Folders/Files of Interest****
DRAGON/UserData/sources.xml - this is the folders it grabs into the dashboard
DRAGON/system/FileZilla Server.xml - this stores the FTP location and types (could add G drive or other driver to XBOX if required)
DRAGON/slideshow - this houses the default pictures when playing music

****FTP Defaults****
F Drive opens only under User - XBOX Pass - XBOX
All open under User - Master Pass - User

More Documentation and features will follow with the followers....

http://www.mediafire.com/?2juwtcckc4huv7s

I have been developing on the XBOX for many years, longer than anyone else I see around these days...most of my time was spent in XBMC but I am approaching the same amount of time now in CoinOPS....im going back to my roots at present and it feels great....

I once helped develop feature after feature within XBMC and believed in it.....modding then took off and when I saw what the general users really wanted and all the real problems they had the products around, I became aware that most people wanted something different....they wanted something that just work...looked great and was easy to use....
I realised that just because you can add stuff doesnt mean you should.....apple created the ipad and this did less than what was out before it....but it succeeded. Why? well this is simple really....it preformed what people wanted in a way that people loved....it didnt try to do everything....it was designed around the user and not around technical ability...for years adding features was what people wanted but when tested really they wanted a producted that did what they like in the easiest and most stylish way....
This is now my focus and has been for years...many people I know now love this focus...

Ive heard alot about me and why I do stuff....I do it because ive observed the common user...I used to think adding everything was the way to go myself and clearly I was wrong....I do this for myself, my family and friends....ive seen many come to believe in this way forward by the praise I get from around the community, with nearly every site saying CoinOPS is the best emulator on the XBOX and in truth it pretty much does everything...

Alot of people question me or my skills...I know what I can do...I did all the new videos....I did all the graphic design...alot of the coding(95 percent) and achieved what I setout to do....I do what I feel like at the time and its more than most...I do packages...skins...icons....coding, you name it, I do it....most people that question my skills are the type of people that fail cause they dont know its a matter of focus and drive....im not scare of my skills or lack of them...if I really want to do something I would learn....
My passion now is in updating my dashboard solution.....and will be for a while....and im betting ill achieve this and others will be questioning how or why I did this a certain way...but it will meet my vision and this is why it is done the way it is....

This is my vision now for DRAGON....turn on the power and you will see the beauty that is at your fingertips...never knowing the powerhouse that is driving it....feel secure that you can leave it with anyone without getting any questions and knowing they wont break anything no matter how hard they try....

Onwards and Upwards......

Peace all..........in the end no one will tell you if your right or wrong (only a few will) the real vote is when your not around and chatting at the water cooler....this is where I listen the most....

Post subject: Re: DRAGON Media Launcher Released
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 am 

Great Work BP really loving everything about it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 am 

Quick iInitial thoughts...love the simplicity and ease of use....will use more when back home tonight.
BP this is a great job of streamlining the XBMC interface so many thanks for all your hard work on making this happen!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 am 
Site Admin

when you understand it....the true beauty will be shown :)

it runs alot diff than any other dash....the autoplay.txt etc makes this dash behave like a dream if you can tame it

and if you create great artwork it looks amazing...ps anyone with latest CoinOPS will see the artwork I added to display in DRAGON never seen before....much better id say than the XBMC artwork I had

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 am 

Highscores: 1
Downloading it now, looking forward to trying it

doh i fluffed it and now i have no dashboard at all, Xbox plays original games and that's all, need to get a usb to xbox adaptor and re softmod it...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:29 pm 

Looks pretty slick.

Started with a clean Xbox drive, made Dragon my booting dash. Transferring over Coinops now. Checked out a movie and some music already.

Very nice. Looking forward to customizing it even further.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:14 pm 

Once someone gets this running, I'd love to see a video. I tried one of the very very early releases back when I had a spare xBox and it was very promising.

Thanks for yet another release BP. Do you sleep or just code all night? :D

Can I point to SMB shares in this version? If so, how?

KADE- open • configurable • programmable • xBox friendly - Arcade encoder

Last edited by sharpfork on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:16 pm 

VGMonkey wrote:
Downloading it now, looking forward to trying it

doh i fluffed it and now i have no dashboard at all, Xbox plays original games and that's all, need to get a usb to xbox adaptor and re softmod it...

did you use shortcut maker? if so can you not still get FTP?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 pm 

BP, what does the Start button do? If I press it, my system hangs...
Need a clean build to get this configured methinks.
Will get busy with one soon :mrgreen:
Like the concept but I also like how my XBMC is setup, too

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

it launches media....ill fix it for games...its a bug....lets say you have a folder called

F:/Music and in it you have 50 albums if you press start on an album it would play it....if you press start on F:/Music it will play randomly all albums....

it locks with games folder as its just the xbmc start call...and its not designed like DRAGON is to know games are present and launch them....its looking for music and avis and will play them