CoinOPS Xbox Project

The Ultimate Xbox Emulator Frontends For All The Family
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Welcome
Welcome to The CoinOPS Xbox Project Forum

You are currently viewing our CoinOPS boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Way Forward...PC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:06 am 
Site Admin

Lots of options.....

Premium PC
KODI retroplayer
RetroFE
Attractmode
Lakka
RPi3 or 4 :)
i7 PC

ill start talking about this soon....as you can see theres a lot here...if I find a person that understands PC compiling with SDL etc then this can happen pretty fast as the codes there it just needs putting together and bug bashing...if I could partner with another PC GUI alots here as well...otherwise its going to take me sometime to get my head around the PC linking of files and building of files..anyone with experience wanting the same vision...come on board the doors are open

Post subject: Re: Way Forward...PC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:41 am 

tears... I'm wiping tears... (not really, but man, PC??? Happy am I!!)

Will help with bug bashing as I can - hopefully quite a bit, as my second job will be going on hiatus for a few months in early November.

UnitMonster's CoinOPS User Guide
EmperorB10S's List of Add-On Packs
My Twitter Feed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:05 am 

Awesome work BP,PC is the way !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:21 am 

I'd buy that for a dollar! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:34 am 

Man, the amount of controllers that will be compatible will be awesome as well as more recent MAME builds begging compatible. Also CRT scanlines in attract mode etc.

This will definitely take premium and CoinOPS into the next dimension

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:07 am 

Highscores: 1
YES. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 pm 

Great news! This sounds awesome! To be able to have CoinOPS on a laptop sounds amazing! Games on the go!!!

One feature request that just popped into my head would be to have the ability to hide the games or systems that wouldn't play well (Full speed?) with the hardware being used.(especially as more and more games are compatible and there is a greater variety of hardware that CoinOPS is installed on)

One way to do this - perhaps it could run overnight since I can see it being a long process - would be to have the coin ops program "auto start" each game for 1 minute or so and check the CPU load and frames per second output and whatnot. And then allow the user to set a threshold that filters out any game (or system) that doesn't meet a certain criteria.

Like I said, this is only a rough idea and I don't know how feasible it is, but it may be a useful tool to some.

While I am posting, I also have to ask...I know there has been some talk of convergence between Windows10 apps/programs running on PCs and XboxOne. Has this been explored for CoinOPS? I think Microsoft allows all XboxOnes to go into developer mode now, so that may be of some use.

Thanks for all the hard work. I wish I was a skilled PC programmer to be able to help. But if you need help beta testing any builds, I would be glad to assist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:21 pm 

Well despite the fact, that there would be another executable file for the game testing stage of the build, you have to keep in mind that there are quite some possibilities concerning CPU design.
So would that be one-core, quad-core, octa-core, just to name three variants.
But what about RAM or even the graphic device in that pc?
Stock speed, overclocked, low leveled performance? Nah...

Seriously, if I want to know if my pc manages to play a PSX2 game, I play a PSX2 game... ;)
There are certainly minimum requirements for systems to play a game at decent speed. But those requirements are already out there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:59 pm 

This news fills me with joy!

However, i would caution against porting to Windows, and instead go with a decent lean Linux dist like Manjaro, (which on my PC boots faster than Windows 10!). You could use RetroFE which has a Linux port too!

I got rid of Windows because of too many headaches with security and back ground push updates. Manjaro has been amazing so far.

Whichever OS you end up using, I'm all in and more than willing to bug bash for you.

I'll ping a couple engineer friends to see they can help you out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:24 pm 

fnord wrote:
This news fills me with joy!

However, i would caution against porting to Windows, and instead go with a decent lean Linux dist like Manjaro, (which on my PC boots faster than Windows 10!). You could use RetroFE which has a Linux port too!

I got rid of Windows because of too many headaches with security and back ground push updates. Manjaro has been amazing so far.

Whichever OS you end up using, I'm all in and more than willing to bug bash for you.

I'll ping a couple engineer friends to see they can help you out.

have you ever booted windows with an ssd my windows boots faster than an xbox?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next