CoinOPS Xbox Project

The Ultimate Xbox Emulator Frontends For All The Family
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The CoinOPS Xbox Project Forum

You are currently viewing our CoinOPS boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

Post subject: Retro only, or also playing current-gen consoles?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:21 pm 

Evening all, I'm new to the CoinOPS scene and loving the sheer volume of retro games I have got through Massive Premium 8. Does everyone on here just play the old stuff, or is anyone also gaming on new consoles as well? I'm also a PES 2017 die-hard on the PS4.

Post subject: Re: Retro only, or also playing current-gen consoles?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 am 

The last couple of Months I have played a lot of old school games. I play PES 4 and Star Wars Battlefront II most of the time. But i also like to play Xbox One games.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 pm 

I play both but it's becoming really hard to find the time to play through the newer games as they tend to be around 20- 30 hours each to beat, i have a huge back catalogue of over 150 ps4 games i still need to beat. I honestly find the retro games more enjoyable nowadays as newer games are becoming more and more complicated and exhausting. I'm going to make it a mission of mine to beat every master system game though as i grew up with that console and love the games for it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:44 am 

I use my 360 & my pc for gaming as well.
Though I finish my old games on the 360 ATM (Dante's Inferno recently), I play redout & are always keen on Diablo 3, where season 10 starts at the end of the month.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 am 

You'll never beat them all because when you start playing them you realize that they are way harder than the newer games that hold your hand step by step.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:33 pm 

That's what i love about the older games, they're challenging for a reason and they don't take forever to beat. There's still some difficult new games out there though, I have died many times in Nioh but it's satisfying to finally beat that boss or enemy you get stuck on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:48 pm 

I honestly am really over the new gen stuff and prefer the older content too, for some reason the older games are much more engaging and challenging

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm 

Dark Souls series, Lord's of the Fallen, Bloodbore, and Nioh are basically all similar. Malebolgia is a cell shaded twist on the Dark Souls style on PC. Then there's a lot of 2d pixel art style games that's made to lol you constantly. Titan Souls, Slain, Salt and Sanctuary, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Eitr, Necropolis, Castle in the Darkness, Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight, and Hyper Light Drifter. There are so many of these pixel art games I cannot name them all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:37 pm 

I didn't like shovel knight at first as i felt it was trying to hard to be "retro" but it's really grown on me as a game. The AVGN games on pc are awesome too but you can't beat the older stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:39 pm 

I'm a huge pixel art game addict. I've got a ton of them and my favorite so far has got to be Slain!