CoinOPS Xbox Project

The Ultimate Xbox Emulator Frontends For All The Family
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The CoinOPS Xbox Project Forum

You are currently viewing our CoinOPS boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

Post subject: Bluetooth Controller and Kade miniconsole+ for Original XBOX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:41 am 

Is it possible to use a Bluetooth controller via the USB adapter on the Xbox? I always use either my pelican or Logitech wireless Xbox controllers but playing a platformer that needs a quick response sometimes my controllers don't respond fast enough.
If anyone knows I wanted to buy a ...........
NES30 pro

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WWJ7P ... =nes30+pro

or a SNES30

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014QP2H ... rds=snes30

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Randyslim76 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bluetooth Controller?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 am 

Those Controllers are sexy!!!
I'm not sure about the Bluetooth Randy, actually I'll try using wired ps3 usb remote to see what it does, thought i think for a controller to work with xbox it needs to be HID complaint or something along those lines.

Kade is supposed to have an adaptable interface for retro controllers if you want to use your originals. I've never tried but I've bought their USB encoder and it works well quality stuff.
http://kadevice.com/dsc_0155/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:18 pm 

@gman I'm thinking of the controller had a USB dongle that it was already linked to it might work but the only one I know on here that's really good at controllers is Maverick and he's out for a bit...... Me and the misses sit on our bed and play games. Unless the cords are at least 15 feet long it would be difficult...... Thanks for responding G-man.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:36 pm 

So they can use Bluetooth! I found out at least this one can anyway.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:16 pm 

I have tried 4 different styles of controllers on my Xbox with the controller test.

All of the buttons on an Xbox controller are Pressure Sensitive. Even the white and black are also Pressure Sensitive. This is why it seems harder to play platformers for sure on a regular Xbox controller. Since the older consoles only used On/Off buttons it takes about half a button press on a regular Xbox controller to make your character in game the I/O to jump/shoot. I also noticed that wired controllers from Microsoft tend to work better for retro/platformers because when you press (let's say the A button) the button normally the sensitivity starts about 3/4 of the way full ON and if you let up on the button slowly drops down in sensitivity. Although my Logitech wireless controller works backwards. When pressing the button normally it starts at 1/4 and the harder you press it goes up.

I have generic wired controllers and a pelican wireless controller that both act similar to the word Microsoft ones. The problem with the pelican brand is anything can block the signal to the reciever on front of the Xbox. The Logitech works great even outside of the Xbox field of view.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm 

The xbox doesn't have the HID drivers, this is the reason USB controllers don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:50 pm 

So basically it has to have been made specifically for the Xbox to work? What about using a Kade converter and using a wireless SNES controller that has the original propitiatory dongle?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:26 pm 

now that's interesting? I would think it would work??? but theory and real life are sometimes two completely different beasts lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm 

They are both 8bitdo brand so...... I'm thinking it just might work..... I hate this whole being broke thing it sucks :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:01 pm 

So this video shows how well the reciever is versatile for a ton of Bluetooth Controllers.